There are so many things out of our control right now. So much uncertainty, so much fear. But, there is also positivity. Humanity, at its core, is good. We will get through this together.
While I’ve been brainstorming new ideas, doing puzzles, reading, watching news stories, self care, and attempting to get outside for my own sanity (if only by myself), I’ve been yearning to find a way to DO something. I hate feeling helpless. I hate knowing how big this situation is and feeling like I cannot do anything to make an impact. So, I’ve made a decision, and I’m going to help, in whatever ways I know how.
I’ve been mulling over who is being most impacted by this pandemic, and my heart keeps going back to the children. So many children in this country rely on school for their daily meals. For some children, a school breakfast and/or lunch is the only meal they receive that day. On weekends, they go without. During summer, they go with very little, if at all. This should not be a reality for anyone, but in our poorest communities, families who are living paycheck to paycheck, many who are on the frontlines of defending against this virus, this is their day to day life. Parents sacrifice meals so their children can eat. They sacrifice their health for our families’ health. There are many local and national organization working to feed these children, working to end their hunger, and one in particular has resonated with me - No Kid Hungry. If you’d like to learn more about what they’re doing, read here.
So, I’m going to do something a little different. I know I said I wasn’t going to offer any discounts this year, but I think a global pandemic might allow me some leeway, no?
From now until April 30th (yes, over an entire month) or until inventory runs out, I will be offering you the chance to give back on my site. If you’re able to pay full price for your order on my site, 20% of your purchase will go directly towards No Kid Hungry. If you need a little help, you may take 10% off your purchase with code NOKIDHUNGRY and 10% of your order will go directly towards No Kid Hungry. At the end of the month of April, I will match what you have given up to $1000. Full transparency, my hope is that I will be able to give more, but this is what I’m able to offer right now. As a small business myself, I am doing everything I can to continue my business in a new normal while also giving to my community in an impactful way.
Here are some Important Things You Should Know:
- I am going on quarantine day 10. I wash my hands each time before I pack an order (also several other times through the day), and I have been requesting package pickup so I do not go to USPS or UPS but rather have a carrier pick the package up from my doorstep - contactless. I am shipping each package out of my home studio. My husband has also been quarantined with me for 10 days so as not to bring any outside germs into our home.
- I have over 200 pieces in my studio ready to ship to you (many in 14k gold!). I have made this section of pieces very easy to find. CLICK HERE
- Temporarily, I will be unable to complete orders for made-to-order pieces such as any semi-morse code pieces and many (but not all) 14k gold pieces and rings. Per advice of the CDC and US government, my production team has temporarily closed their doors. These pieces have been marked “out-of-stock” on the website so as not to cause confusion.
- At this time, all custom orders are on a temporary pause as well. If you’re still interested on working together on a custom piece, please submit your inquiry here, and thank you for your patience with me in responding to you. I’m happy to continue sketching ideas for you, but production cannot be completed at this time.
- Travel Case pre-orders have been put on pause. My supplier for the cases in based in Louisiana and has been advised to temporarily close their doors until it is safe to reopen. Anyone who has placed their preorder will receive their Travel Case in time, but we will need to put additional orders on hold for now. I promise they will be back! If you’d like a personal notification of when they’ll be available again, please reply with your name and email, and I’ll put you on my list. There is no financial obligation in asking for a notification.
Friends, I understand that jewelry is a luxury; it is not an essential. However, it is also a small reminder that beauty and magic is not lost amongst all of this unknown. There are brighter days ahead. Days of hugs and loud laughter and blaring music for crowds of happy people dancing in the streets. These days will come again. If you are not in need of any jewelry right now, might I encourage you to send a little happy to a friend? A small bit of light and beauty in a scary time? Maybe a teacher, or a mom who has now become a teacher? A pharmacist, a nurse, a medical professional risking their own health and safety for that of others? It’s a small gesture, I know. But sometimes it’s the smallest things that make the biggest difference. I want to help, and this is the best way I know how - to use my business for the good of others. If you have other recommendations for ways I can help, please let me know.
Stay home, stay safe, stay healthy.